Thursday, January 26, 2012

Time Moves So Fast

Time moves so fast. Capo is almost 10 years old. I now have a 15, a 13 and an 11 year old. Look at them there. They were annoyed to be stuck at Capo Midtown Village in the midst of construction. Bored and probably starving wandering behind the new bar which is protected with plastic during painting. Ages 6, 4 and 2. Wow. I am getting old. If it were not so sweet, I would have given up long ago.

Yesterday someone asked me if my daughter worked at one of our cafes. I know that I will have to address that issue soon. Our peeps, as wonderful as they are, are not a PG crowd and I believe that although they are gracious, they would not be appreciative if my kids worked there. I could be wrong. My daughter is hilarious, but who wants to work with the boss' daughter?

I used to carry around on my phone a pic of two of my employees. The pic was snapped at a party without their knowledge. These men looked as if they had been snatched from the early 70s and were clearly having a great time. Guitars in hand and shirts unbuttoned, skin tight jeans and heeled boots; they made you smile and wish you were there. Whenever a friend would ask if I could hire their high school aged kid, I pulled out the image. I then stated, "Sure, if you don't mind one of these two rubbing up the back of her...or him." That usually ended the conversation.

Additionally, I have watched some Capogirians get married and have their own kids. It is happy and sad and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment