Friday, January 1, 2010

The Future is So Bright....


Today is the first day of the new year. I have big hopes and dreams. Nothing unobtainable (I hope). It really does seem like yesterday that we dreamed up Capo and made the leap. Just look above at my two boys! It makes my heart heavy. Time goes by so fast. I should be eating chili at Gibbs and Morgen's house at their annual chili party, but John is not feeling well (he's passed out snoring on the couch - not common) and, honestly, we are exhausted. It is the first day of the new year and some well needed rest is just what we need to start off the year right.

Last night our neighborhood was wild. Parties up and down the block complete with sparklers, fire crackers, and drunken howls. The five of us tucked in and I made gnocchi. We toasted with glasses of prosecco and sparkling apple juice for the kids. It was lovely. The world outside was crazy, but we were quiet and reflective.

It has been such a difficult year. We opened two new stores plus a Big Kitchen. Everyone has been asked to tighten the ship. This is a new year with big things ahead! I am going to march into the Big Kitchen on Monday, make Tiffany's Sweet Potato with Pineapple gelato, work on tartufi and candy the hell out of citrus peels. It is going to be a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment