Thursday, January 31, 2013

Standing over a fresh, unblemished gelato case early in the morning...





Standing over a fresh, unblemished gelato case early in the morning, I can't help but get lost in the sorbetti. The flavors are as bright as the colors.  Have you SEEN the Cactus Pear? It's wicked. And it's almost impossible to convince people that, yes, this color occurs in nature (we've got the fruit right here).  But even the less exotic fruits, the citrus, are ethereally glowing.  I'm staring at the Arancione thinking, orange is a fruit and a color.  Why is an orange orange? A lemon is yellow, and a lime is green.  Grapefruit is pink.  You know those chicken-or-the-egg labyrinths your mind starts meandering through, and you can't or don't see the end? Well, I'm still trying to find my way out, but luckily I haven't seen a Minotaur or a David Bowie yet. Actually, it'd be pretty cool to see David Bowie right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment