Thursday, April 26, 2012

You're not a cowboy. Should you be wearing a cowboy hat?

Cowboy hats are definitely one of those sartorially polarizing accessories, like scarves (I'm totally anti-scarf. If you need a scarf, it's because your jacket is defective) or suspenders. But cowboy hats...how do you know? How do you know if you should wear a cowboy hat? Where's the threshold?
I could sorta see myself wearing this...from the neck up. I have no idea what else to wear with it. I mean, I've got some great jeans, but my boots are all wrong, and while my kitchen clogs and I are professionally inseparable, they're a fashion disaster under the best of circumstances (you cannot quantify how little I care about how my clogs look, because my feet love them). And WHERE would I wear it? Where would it look more out of place--somewhere on Passyunk? At a Phillies game? Kenzo? I've ridden a horse before. I was...9, I think. Thereabouts. It was probably not a real "horse" and I was almost certainly not actually "riding" it, if you see what I'm getting at. My punk lil butt managed not to irritate her badly enough to bite me, so that's a success. Yeah, no. Pretty sure I'm not ever going to be able to pull off wearing a cowboy hat. I don't like country or even rockabilly, so...hey, my Phillies hat does just fine. It's coming up to three years old, and is almost broken in.

No comments:

Post a Comment