- to chew it will "keep thy teeth from all evils."
- to smell it regularly would "keep thee youngly."
- to wear a crown of it ails "the stuffing of the head that commeth through the coldness of the brain."
Cardamom; Orange Cardamom
- to chew would "cast 'way the foulest odour."
- to drink in tea "soothes the turbulence of thee minds."
Basil; Sweet Basil!
- to apply to hair as an oil causes blood to "give feast to worn'd and age'd lock."
Mint; Local Mint, Mint Stracciatella, Pineapple Mint, Mint Julep
- to ingest would treat "the giddiness of indigestion."
- to apply oil to the temples ails the "feel of minnows gnawing."
- to tie to the wrist would prevent "an evil casting the hex of fatigue and infection."