Friday, August 12, 2011

Because I'm an Adult

Joe and I just had popcorn for dinner. Really delicious popcorn from the Roxy movie theater in fact, where they still use real clarified butter. Yum. This is one of the things that makes me really glad to be an adult. While it's a shame that now we all have bills to pay, etc., there are many perks to not having to listen to anyone's rules anymore. Such as;

Dessert for breakfast! Often, we will get folks who come in around 10am and get gelato. They always seem to need to make a remark about how they know it's wrong to have dessert that early, but they also always seem to have a mischievous glint in their eye when they say so. We salute you, daytime gelato eaters, and fully support your morning indulgences.

Drinking from the milk carton. This drove my mother insane. But hey, sometimes you just want a chug of milk, and don't want to have to bother with a glass. It's a simple pleasure that this brings me now, it's my damn milk and I'm gonna drink it straight from the gallon. Take that, Mom!

Staying up all night for no good reason. When I was young, New Year's Eve was like a magical night where I was allowed to stay up until midnight to watch the ball drop and ring in the new year. It was like being given a glimpse into the dangerous darkness of night, for at least 20 minutes before I was shooed away to bed. Now I'll just stay up all night for the heck of it, but I always feel a little guilty when I see the sun coming up.

I will say, that the very best thing about being an adult is the shower beer. If you have never had a beer in the shower before, you are missing out on a magical experience. For some reason, there is nothing more rewarding that starting your weekend off with an ice cold beer in a steamy hot shower. It is for this reason more than any other that I am glad I am a grown up.


1 comment:

  1. I missed your writing. Another brilliant post!

    ReplyDelete