Tuesday, February 2, 2010

GROUNDHOG v. WOODCHUCK



I force my kids to listen to my music and/or NPR every morning. Yes, I am THAT person. I feel that my kids should be exposed to independent, non-mainstream music and know the current events. I do not feel the least bit bad about this. My kids may not be able to have a debate with you discussing the merits of healthcare or why the Devil Makes Three has not hit it bigtime, but they are aware. This is more than I can say about that American Idol tart. Don't send me hate mail. No one can deny how scary that is. I digress....do over.

This morning I was driving in listening to WXPN, which is one of the best stations in the country. Between the incredible music being played, a discussion of Goundhog Day occurred, of course. Apparently, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and we will have 6 more weeks of winter. He described the scene that he witnessed on the morning television programming as this and I paraphrase, "A scared rodent surrounded by some drunk college students and a few reporters desperately trying to do their best Bill Murray impersonation." I find this description hilarious. I am a big fan of the movie Groundhog Day. They went on to say that they preferred the name woodchuck to groundhog. What?!? Come to think of it...I prefer woodchuck!

Six more weeks of winter. I am not sure I can handle it. Phil is a rodent. I don't really like rodents. Ah well...

On a lighter note, expose your kids to good music. I took my kids to see this band at WXPN's venue and my nine year old danced behind our table.

No comments:

Post a Comment