Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Dark 'n Stormy

This isn't really a seasonal flavor, at least not to me, but I freak out when we have it. Dark and Stormy sorbetto. It's so good and refreshing, just perfect all around. The combination of ginger and lemon makes me so happy. And I know I'm super bias, but our Dark 'n Stormy sorbetto is quite possibly one of the best things ever. Dark 'n Stormys are also the only cocktail I really like that isn't made with whiskey. So you can see how this combination of greatness put into sorbetto form would get me excited. Our Dark 'n Stormy sorbetto base flavor is lemon, which is not traditionally used in the cocktail. I am more of a lemon person than lime, so it suits me just fine. Now it's time to learn yourself some things.


The Dark 'n Stormy originated in Bermuda and is considered the national drink. It is a classic highball cocktail served over ice. A group of sailors in a ginger beer factory run by the Royal Naval Officer's Club found that ginger beer mixed well with the local rum, Goslings Black Seal. The drink will sometimes be garnished with a slice of lime, but that is an optional addition.



 The classic way of making a Dark 'n Stormy is to pour the ginger beer over ice, then top with Goslings Black Seal Black Rum. This creates a visual effect by separating the spirit from the ginger beer. The name of the drink was thought to have been inspired by this visual effect mimicking a dark cloud over the sea. It is "the color of a cloud only a fool or dead man would sail under."


So now you know all this information that you probably didn't need to know. I'll get to my point. Our gelato and sorbetto is insanely awesome and we change the flavors everyday so you never know what to expect. (except is you check online...) Stop in at one of our locations and hope we have Dark 'n Stormy. I'll be the one eating all of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment