Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day, Hot Fudge, Strawberry Pepper Sauce and Passyunk will not keep you from staring at that guy.


Today is St. Patrick's Day! It's also the NICEST day Philadelphians have enjoyed in well over five months. As we here on Passyunk enjoy the incredible weather (going to the bank quickly became one of the finest parts of my day, Nico got to go on a bread related bike ride), I began to think a lot about hot fudge.
I have no idea why this became my train of thought, hot fudge has nothing to do with the holiday or nice weather and the idea popped into my head while I was admiring the fine marble counters at our store. But man oh man did my mind take off with the idea of hot, gooey, decadent, drippy and sweet fudge! For those who know me this is quite a rare moment as I am not particular to chocolate in most forms (I'm always the guy going for the Thai Coconut Milk gelato or AWESOME Pomegranate sorbetto). Nonetheless this idea began swirling in my head and soon I lost control.
Much like a kid in a candy store (or a man-boy in a Gelateria) I began to bounce and race around trying to figure out what could satisfy my choco-lust. Being the oblivious guy I tend to be it took me a good five minutes before realizing, "OH MAN I'M AT PASSYUNK!!! WE TOTALLY ARE THE ONLY CAPO WITH TOPPINGS!!!!!". I quickly scooped some (of the best) Thai Coconut Milk into a cup and let the chocolate fudge sauce flow!
I probably spent a good 30 seconds admiring the tension between the melting gelato and the ever powerful fudge mass in my cup. In the fifteen seconds it took me to inhale this radical treat the one thought that was ever present in my mind was, "We totally need to let more people in on our Passyunk toppings secret!". For the rest of the day I could no longer concentrate on writing this blog entry, I pretty much have just been thinking about chocolate sauce and how rad it is.
This may seem a little bit of a scatter-brained rambling, but my point is this:

EVERYONE COME TRY OUR TOPPINGS,
IT'S LIKE A WHOLE NEW GELATO EXPERIENCE!!




CapoYunk: Our Toppings are 'Tops'






No comments:

Post a Comment