Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wheaaaat!


Every morning for about four weeks straight, I came to Capo13, toasted a bagel, covered it with a choice delicious cream cheese that Steph whipped up, and tasted heaven with a hole in the middle.

It's been a bit since we began carrying H and H bagels, so I've gradually wound down to a more acceptable level of bagel consumption... but I'm afraid it's kicked back up again. Outrageous, you say. Well don't get your knickers in a bunch, that's silly and uncomfortable. There's a simple explanation.

Last week we had a revelation that prompted action. What did we do? We added wheat bagels to the glorious bagel menu!

If I had sworn to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, I would tell you this: They are incredible. The wheat is a slightly heartier, perhaps sweeter, and surely lovely bagel with a flair of unique texture and a rich golden brown color. It's dazzling and enthralling to the eyes, nose, mouth, and ears (when you bite into it). I'm fairly sure I'll never skip a bagel a day again.

No comments:

Post a Comment