Monday, June 28, 2010

Black Raspberries Make John Nuts...

Nuts, you say? Yes, I say. John has a weird thing for certain flavors. Everyone knows that when black raspberries come around, John will be in a sort of panic. "Don't make Black Raspberry Gelato, ONLY sorbetto. Don't ruin the berries that way. Please, Steph. Call all the stores and tell them not to make gelato. ONLY SORBETTO!" He turns to Dan, "Dan, just sorbetto, agreed? You're with me." I pat his head and calmly say, "Okay honey. It'll be alright. I'll call..I'll call."

I don't ever call. I love the gelato with black raspberries. I do feel a little bad (not much, 'cause it's funny) when John stumbles into one of the cafes to get his morning fix of espresso and spots the black raspberries tainted with milk. Someone has to pay. It's not me and luckily, everyone knows John is a little off during the two weeks we are graced with black raspberries. We all shake our heads, "Sure, John. ONLY sorbetto, we understand. It won't happen again." Then he will text me, "They are ruining the black raspberries! Make sure you call everyone! Did you call everyone?" A big smile creeps across my face as I text, "What were they thinking?!?! Bastards! I will call them. xoxo"

Two weeks, my friends. They are here, not many. Come and get them before John does.

No comments:

Post a Comment