Thursday, June 17, 2010

GRANITA @ 20th St: An Ode


Dear RJ, when you make granita at 20th Street it makes me so happy. I'll admit, I was skeptical when you said that you were going to try a kiwi banana granita. However, I'm eating my words today. Yum.

Capogiro was the first place I ever experienced true granita, and it was your's. In a city of water ice stands, I had no idea that the real thing could be so fresh and amazing. Maybe it's the crystalline texture, or perhaps the myriad of flavors that are so well paired with this style of dessert.

It's true, RJ. Your granita is a many splendid thing. This week you have made us have espresso granita (zing!), grapefruit granita (divine), black grape granita (uh, wow), and now kiwi banana granita.

Well done, sir. Well done indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment