Monday, June 7, 2010

BEER! BEER! BEER!!

So, it's Beer Week. Glorious Beer Week. Beer is something that I drink in the summer. Not that it is seasonal, it is just something that I do. I am a proletariat beer drinker. I embarrass John when I order my Red Stripe or a Corona Light. "Do you have some wheaty type beer on draught?" I ask at The Belgian Cafe in my neighborhood, shying away from the heavy hitters. Don't hate me Fergie! Some people go all Walmart with beer. Unfortunately, that would be me. I can recognize how bad certain beer is, so maybe I am just a lightweight. John's favorite beer is Coniston Bluebird Bitter. The only beer served at our wedding was Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale. It is not that I don't appreciate these beers, I do. It is just that I am not worthy. Yup, not worthy. I think it has something to do with the fact that I like stovetop percolator coffee and not espresso. I like my beer like stovetop percolator coffee, not drip. Don't try to figure me out.

Anywho, I think that I am allowed to make beer gelato. Why not? I have made gelato out of grass and some nasty cheese, why not beer? It's Beer Week homies. Come try the Rogue Chocolate Stoudt or the Guinness, or the Lambic! It is really fun. I know, I know, y'all are serious beer drinkers. Come on...go a little lightweight. Try the Beer Floats at Penn, have a cone of beer gelato. Dive in! The water is fine. Trust... I raise my clear bottle with a lime floating happily to you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Totally random 2-part compliment/comment. I popped into the Passyunk Capo for an iced coffee on Sunday evening. 1) Holy shit, that's the best iced coffee I have EVER had. So strong! This brings me to 2) how helpful your staff is there. Not only did the guy tell me how the coffee is made (cold brewed so it's not watered down, etc), but he and the gal in there were just totally pleasant. So, thank you! And also thank you for stocking soy milk <3 It was a great experience and I'll be back more often for caffeine.

    ReplyDelete