Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cookies: They're Super. Just Super.

Cookies. Who doesn't love 'em?

Let's go ahead and get this out of the way before we go any further:




Let's be honest, we all know my proclivity for posting videos and saw that coming a mile away.

Is there a better snack-sized dessert, though? I mean, probably not, right? Given the vast plethora of ingredients and preparations, EVERYone's got to have on particular type of cookie that floats their goat. Me I'm partial to a super-soft chocolate cookie, but for sure the crispier cookies of the world have their devotees. Truth be told you could probably start a pretty good bar-gument (that's a strident but good-natured discussion taking place in a bar among strangers, by the way. I might have just made it up.) about the relative merits and worth of crispy versus soft cookies. There's two kinds of people in the world, and all that.

Did you know? I'm guessing you don't. Cookies are ONE MORE THING that comes from Persia! Sometimes I feel like the ancient Persians get a bad rap, considering they invented not just cookies but also logarithms (which my non-liberal arts friends swear are important), but it seems like they only get mentioned in one of two ways:



And I'm truly not sure which is more demeaning, but we should move on. This is about cookies after all.

You know what would maybe make an otherwise graciously humble cookie even better? Maybe you could pair it with one of its mates and squish them on either side of a scoop of gelato. Would that work? COULD that work? Is it just crazy enough that it MIGHT work? Gosh, I really just don't know. How might we ever find out...?




(Sorry about all the ennui-overcome, disaffected French dudes. Still a great song, though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment