Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Goodbye from Ryan...

I never thought that this day would come, where I would have to say goodbye to a place that means so much to me. After five? (you lose track of time when you are someplace for so long) years, I'm finally prepared to embark on the next part of my life.

I came to Capo with no experience in the food industry, and no idea what I was doing. I was 19, in school, still green. I just moved off campus half a year earlier, and thought I was ready to take on the world headfirst. Boy, was I wrong. But regardless of that, Capogiro took me in, gave me a family away from home, and filled my life with some of the best people I have ever met. This stands true behind the counter, as well as our customers.

Over the years, I have switched stores, boyfriends, hair colors, styles, customers, managers, and anything else you can think of. If you have known me from the start, then you got to see firsthand my process of growing up. Words cannot express the gratitude I have towards Capo for aiding me in the process. Who would think that a job would be so much a part of one's life?

I'm going to try and keep this brief, but understand that there are so many people to thank and give love to.

Sarah - Oh Sarah, you know more than anyone else this process and I thank you so much for putting up with me and pushing me in positive directions in my life. Whenever I had a trying time and needed advice, you were there. I remember our closes at 13th Street, and it's strange to think how much we have both grown since then. I love you, but I'm sure that that is understood.

John and Steph - Thank you for taking a chance on me, and giving me opportunity to grow. All of the experience that I gained through this company has really shaped me into the person I am today, and has set me up for a pretty awesome future. You didn't need to do that for me, but you did, and I can't say how much I appreciate it.

Tandy! - You might not be here anymore, but your legacy is still strong! Thank you for putting up with all my whining, and reminding me to slow down when necessary. I learned a lot about managing from you, and hey, I got a manager position elsewhere, so you must have done something right!

20th Street Staff - Blah, I don't wanna get too mushy here but you guys are my family. I want the best for all of you, and I know that I will still see you all. Please continue to be the most awesome store ( sorry 13th, 40th, and Passyunk, I'm biased ) and know that I'm there if you need me.

To all of my regulars throughout the years, THANK YOU! Espresso John from 13th, Linda, Bill, Charles the Granita Guy, Sid, Josie, David/Henry/Jen, Martha, Ernesto, the Italian couple who put up with my awful cappuccinos for a year straight and never complained, Fergie, everybody under the sun ( I forgot a lot of people, forgive me ). You all made work worth coming to. Sincerely. Leave me notes at 20th and I'll pick them up and respond!

It is rare in life that you get to work at a place you love, and that you leave with the same amount of love as when you came in. Thank you for that Capogiro, and I look forward to seeing you on the other side of the counter for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment