Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I heart romantic comedies

So, I dogsat for our district manager's ADORABLE bulldog this weekend. This guy was amazing, it was like chillin with a potbellied pig who eats kibble and barks at everything. I definitely fell in love with him. What I also adored was her absurdly large collection of romantic comedy DVDs. And because she specifically threatened my life if I told anyone about it, I've decided to devote my entire blog to them this week. Hooray!


The best thing for me about a romcom is that I know I will inevitably be able to shed some of the tears that have stockpiled themselves deep within my jaded, bitter facade. I will even endure Julia Roberts' equine maw and boisterous laugh if it means a happy, tearful ending. Whether it involves Hugh Grant stammering awkwardly to someone who's far out of his league, or Adam Sandler entertaining us with his boyish antics, the plot setup is always the same; starts good, gets bad, ends good (with tears and sappy piano music). And as we all well know, everything is sappier with a British accent (c'mon, Love Actually is the best romcom EVER). The characters are always in some way relatable, their plights sympathetic, and their zany supporting casts a welcome comedic and emotional relief.

So thank you, Sarah, for allowing me to hang with your pup and your collection of sappy DVD's. I will do it again in a heartbeat!

Except for Leapyear, I would rather have a rabid wombat scratch my face off than watch that again.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm with you on that...that one's in the "give away" pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My deepest secret: "Love Actually" is one of my top-five favorite movies ever.

    ReplyDelete