Friday, July 30, 2010

Some days are better than others...

A super nice lady came in the cafe yesterday about 6.30 in the evening. I greeted her with a friendly "hello" and she stated that she was just looking around. First, she checked out the sandwich case for a few moments and then made her way over to the gelato. I asked her if she'd like to try anything, but held off, mentioning she "wasn't quite sure what she wanted." Next, she meandered over towards the bar and then back over to the gelato case. Then came this: "Based on the day I've had, I wonder if I should have a drink or gelato." I quickly replied she could have both. And smiled.

You know, some days are better than others. And how do you remedy that? My first thought was of pampering yourself. I got a funny image of myself in big diapers. Then I looked up a definition of "pampering" and wouldn't you know that pesky photo from college showed up. But that didn't work for me because pampering is often associated with being spoiled. And that's no good.

Then, eureka! "Treating" yourself. Treats are good. And simple. And can be accomplished in so many ways. Like a yoga class, or a good movie, or walk at midnight, or something sweet or savory. Like this young lady last night: a delicious combo of watermelon, lemon and papaya. She came into the cafe looking a little down, and left with a pep in her step.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    LOVE your goods! Can't find anywhere else to send comments, so am commenting here. I had the avocado from CapoPenn for the first time today, very good! However, it seemed a little flat, one dimensional. We added some fresh lime juice, and ... wowza! Amazing. Brightened and rounded out the richness incredibly well. My $0.02. Keep up the delicious work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, perhaps the kitchen was off kilter that day, our Avocado it generally anything but "flat". We'll do some taste tests of our own... sorry for your less than perfect experience! Remember, taste tests are always free and thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete