Monday, July 12, 2010

Capo Stardate 3021: A Lesson In Surprises

Granola And Yogurt gelato

Golden Fig sorbetto

So this is my 4th summer at Capogiro gelato, and what have I learned, you ask? (Aside from the fact that the "c" in Dulce De Leche is pronounced as an "s" sound, not a "ch" sound, because the phrase is Spanish, not Itailian?) Well, as I learned today, one of the best reasons to work at Capogiro is that everyday is a surprise, and I don't mean that in a Hallmark card kind of way. (Nothing against Hallmark. Ok, maybe a little against Hallmark.) But to be honest with you, there's rarely a day that goes by that I don't rediscover my love for our gelato. Take today for example, we had Granola And Yogurt gelato. Simple, you may think. Not though, not at all. The flavors of this gelato were so complex: sweet, then tangy, then sweet again, followed by that whole mouth feel that you get when you eat Chinese food, but sans MSG, of course. Damn, my silly words can't describe the flavors, but just trust me, it was amazing. I had a little cup of it with the Fig sorbetto and let me tell you, I was flying.

If I can work here five days a week and still be surprised, just imagine what you'll discover! Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment