Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's June already?

It seems like this year is slipping past very quickly.  We're already nearing the halfway point.  Apart from that heat wave last week it seems like we're having a slightly more mellow summer than last year which is awesome.  My third floor apartment was like an oven last year and this milder weather is great.  I'm sure we'll have our hot days and I know we still have the rest of the summer for the temperature to spike but I'll worry about that when it happens.
 

I rode my bike down to Lowe's the other day to pick up some random items for home and on the way the sweet smell of honey-suckle flowers drifted my way.  That same day when I got into the shop I was pleased to find that we had been delivered a whole supply of honey-suckle for Gelato!  I LOVE honeysuckle.  The neighborhood I grew up in had wild honey suckle all over the place so it's one of those smells I immediately associate with summer and home (which is not far away in Jersey).  I'm really excited and can't wait to have some of that sweet, delicious flowery goodness. 



And finally I'm preparing myself to hide out at 20th street and ride out the zombie apocalypse.  After the stories I read in the news this week it sounds like we have seen the very beginning.  Luckily it seems that so far all the infected have been contained.  But jeez can you believe that stuff?  Stay safe and watch your back.  You never know if the guy standing behind you in the elevator is going to try to take a bite out of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment