Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fun Facts About Espresso

I couldn't sleep last night. I kept having scary dreams about a psycho killer chasing me (I dont know about anyone else, but in my dreams the psycho killer is always wearing grimy overalls. Does anyone have a fear of Osh Kosh?). So, this being said, I am verrrry sleepy today. Luckily for me, I work in a magic place that has just what the doctor ordered, a ton of caffeine! In the spirit of my love for coffee, here are some fun facts about our old pal, Espresso:
Luigi Bezzera created the first commercial Espresso machine in 1901 because he was a very impatient man and didn't want to dilly-dally over a whole cup of coffee.

It is a little known fact that Espresso is left handed.

Espresso joined the army during WWII, although it still remains unclear as to which side he fought on.

Espresso degrades quickly with heat loss, and a shot should be served immediately after being pulled, at a temperature of 165 degrees.

Espresso has been married three times. Once for love, and twice for money. His second ex kept the corgis.

A shot of Espresso has less caffeine than a cup of coffee. A shot of Espresso poured into a cup of coffee is a recipe for heaven.

In the 40's, Espresso was once arrested for murder but eventually acquitted on a technicality.

There is a rumor that the French developed an earlier model of an Espresso machine, but all who speak of it have since been silenced.

Espresso is a natural medicine! Caffeine helps kill headaches. And honey badgers.

Espresso is the most delicious thing in the world and now I've had three shots of it and my brain is moving faster than my hands can type so I'd better go out front and run around in circles before I write any more run on sentences like this one because that would be bad and you would be annoyed. Ok, bai!

No comments:

Post a Comment