Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Don't forget... breakfast!


Every now and then I forget the most important meal of the day. Sometimes I'm just late and don't have time, other times I'm way too excited about the rest of the day to remember anything but coffee when I wake up. When I was in high school I went through a spell of "I don't like breakfast", but even if I didn't like it, my tummy sure did, which it made clear by betraying my cool attitude and growling beginning mid-first period and through the rest of the morning.
I moved beyond the no-breakfast phase fairly quickly, and I am happy to say that I am once again a firm believer in the importance of a morning meal. I've come to love breakfast on days when I have my morning free and can prepare and enjoy whatever I please, and I have really come to LOVE brunch. Sunday. Brunch. Is. Incredible.
It's easy to be smart (and/or indulgent) about breakfast at Capo. Steel cut oatmeal, fresh fruit cups, granola coppas, melt-in-your-mouth pastries, bagels, breakfast sandwiches...!!! If those all sound good and you don't think you'll be able to make up your mind, don't worry, we're excellent judges of character and mood and will be able to narrow it down to your true desire.
And now, I'll part with an air of P.E. instructor/health class teacher/nutritionist/Mr.T. Breakfast. Don't skip it. Don't try to be a cool cat at the expense of your bod! We pity the fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment