Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spring Awakening


I'll admit it, I am in love with Katy Perry. Even as I write this, I am bopping my head to her latest single, 'Firework'. On my way in to work this morning two separate cars passed me by blaring this song as well, the drivers singing their fool heads off. It's a great feeling, the lightness that comes with being all stupid and happy over something so simple. To me, this is the feeling of spring.

Everything is about to change. It's getting warmer, the ice is finally melting, the jackets are getting lighter, and everyone on the street is smiling. This weekend is supposed to be BEAUTIFUL, and we are ready for it. At Capogiro, things get a little quieter over the winter, and we keep our customers warm with delicious soups and gourmet espresso drinks, in addition to our gelato. In the spring and summer however, it's a whole different story.

At 20th Street, our gelato gladiators are preparing for the onslaught. The baristi have been training all winter, making sure that we meet the crowd with perfectly scooped cups and masterful cappuccinos. All I can say to you, spring, is BRING IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment