Friday, February 25, 2011

The pork fat...it sings to me. Though the avocado is piping up too...


So I was laying in bed the other day playing golf. On my phone, obviously. The unidentifiable announcer has an unidentifiable European accent, and I swear every time he says, "Just a sand wedge" I think it's "Just a sandwich." And then I get to thinking, "Y'know...we're rolling out a new panini menu...maybe I SHOULD TELL SOMEONE ABOUT THEM."

Not that there was anything wrong with all of your favorite classic panini--and they're not going anywhere. Hell, I'd START the riot if someone suggested getting rid of the BLT. But there are so MANY delightful ways to use bacon! So now we're putting it on our own version of a Club...ham, turkey, and that infamously good bacon all co-mingling on a crispy piece of focaccia. GOOD.

And you know, I love our Tuna panini...but sometimes a brother needs a little cheese. Tuna Melt Time! Keeping this one simple--just our classic oil-packed tuna and cheddar cheese on our hearty whole wheat.

"But!," I hear some of you saying! "But I'm NOT an ovo-lacto-pescatarian! I actually keep it real and don't eat any meat at all!" And bully for you, my low carbon footprint friend--we've got you covered. How does hummus, avocado, roasted red peppers, and cucumbers on that same hearty whole wheat sound? Sounds good, right? YOU GOT IT. And your Vegetable Toast ain't goin' nowhere either--we wouldn't do that to you! There's our new All Vegetable panini too--artichoke hearts, carrot, cucumbers and more on ciabatta. Fresh!

"BUT!," I hear others of you saying! "BUT YOU'VE GOT ALL THAT BACON. YOU MUST GIVE US THE BACON." (Or maybe that's just in my own head.) And oh, we'll GIVE YOU THE BACON. How about...grilled cheeses! To order! FIVE types of cheese. Added veggies GALORE. And bacon and ham! You better bacon up that muenster, boy! (Someday soon, someone is going to get that joke, and we'll cackle together.)

And listen, we're Capogiro. We keep it light, remember? A dirty secret of the restaurant industry: do you know why you love the mayonnaise so much at certain other establishments? Because it's called "Extra Heavy Duty" mayonnaise. It has 40% more fat than your store-bought mayonnaise so that it "performs" better. It comes in a bucket deep enough to sink your arm in shoulder-deep. It jiggles unpleasantly and can be kept at room temperature indefinitely. It weighs 35 bloody pounds. This is not how we do things at Capogiro. We make our own mayonnaise out of real ingredients. It's light and it's different and it's delicious--like everything we do. We're not going to foist Chipotle-Ginger-Bacon-Ranchonnaise or some such shenanigans on you. You know that, right? We keep it real, we keep it light, and we keep it food--not commodity.

So the new panini menu? Already available at Penn. Like, right now! And you'll find it VERY soon at 13th and 2oth. We'll see you this weekend, and don't forget the chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment