Thursday, August 26, 2010

...Fall?


This morning I embarked on a shopping mission; seeking out and procuring random things that become necessary in daily Capogiro life (a rack for glassware, a bus tray, etc). Hunting around the general shopping mecca of Ikea, I wandered into Pier 1 and was bombarded with FALL. Glittery, pumpkin scented, Halloween faced, Fall. I have to admit, I was taken back. And not because of the anticipation of the changing season (I'm pretty relieved if I make it to August without seeing a falling leaf decoration), but because of just how...abundant the display was. But then I got to thinking about it, and you know, I'm ready for it. Ready for the crispness, the apples, pumpkins, spices...generally the warmth that October brings. It's a cozy thing, this coming season, and I'm first in line to celebrate it.
One of the things I look forward to the most is cider. Not that you can't have it during the summer, but it's just not the same. And happily, we were contacted by Wandering Aengus Ciderworks, out of Salem, Oregon, about teaming up for an event at our Penn location. Yes, yes please. So they'll be hanging out with us during the last week of September, which will be pretty great.
Penn's got lots going on this Fall - from welcoming the newcomers (oh hai, Freshmen!) to the seasoned veterans who will be tromping the streets of West Philadelphia in a few short days, to the litany of awesome people who will be hanging out behind our bar - there will be no shortage of things to keep y'all entertained. Along with Wandering Aengus, we'll be spending some time with Sixpoint Craft Ales, of Brooklyn. They suggested we concoct a gelato from one of their beers, AND they'd hang out behind our bar. Yes, yes please!
Dogfish Head got in on the lineup, too - their slogan was enough to make me think it'd be a good fit ("Off-centered stuff for off-centered people") and y'all already know about the crazy good things that have resulted from combining our sorbetto with Philadelphia Distilling flavors. They'll be with us spreading the good word on October 8! Clear your calendars!

Booze + gelato + espresso + the shining faces of our baristi all over town sounds like a pretty promising combination to me, don't you think?!

Keep your eyes towards the Fall, kids...eyes towards the Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment