Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Firthday!

I saw 'The King's Speech' this weekend and was totally blown away. Colin Firth is an incredible actor and deserves every award that he has and will receive. I want to be best friends with Colin Firth. I want to go shopping, drink beer, and tell jokes with Colin Firth. I want to skip through Rittenhouse Square with Colin Firth. I'm pretty much obsessed with all things Colin Firth.

I don't know much about Colin Firth on a personal level (yet), but I do happen to know that he is from England. So here's my plan to lure Colin Firth into coming here, by taunting him with some of our delicious offerings.

Stuff we have at 20th Street that British people seem to like:


Toast. We have amazing Big Toast from Hudson Bread Company, available in white or wheat. Our Big Toast is presented with your choice of toppings: butter, jam, Cream Nut Peanut Butter, or Nutella. I'm guessing that Colin Firth likes jam AND Nutella on his toast, so we may need to order more for his impending arrival.

Tea. We carry large selection from Two Leaves and a Bud tea company, which is based in Basalt, CO. The tea makers there have traveled all over the world to find the best organic, black, herbal, and green teas. I think that my new friend Colin Firth would really love their Earl Grey tea, which to me contains the perfect mix of tang and bergamot-y goodness with the richness of a strong black tea.

Sparkling Water. At Capogiro, we have all types of water; sparkling, flat, tap, and ice. Our British customers always seem to go for a nice San Pellegrino when they come by to visit. In addition to unflavored San Pellegrino water, we also carry their Limonata, Aranciata, and Chinotto varieties. It's fizzy love all around. I'm betting that my buddy Colin Firth likes his on the rocks with a wedge of lime. I know I do!

Meyer Lemon Sorbetto. I'm not really sure if British people love sorbetto as a whole, but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume they do. Today is the first day of the year for Meyer Lemon Sorbetto, and boy is it delicious. It's a little known fact that Meyer lemons almost became extinct a few years back due to a nasty citrus virus, but scientists were able to develop a stronger strain that fought back and won victoriously. Also, a Meyer lemon is sweeter and rounder than its regular lemon cousins. Much like Colin Firth.

Meyer Lemon Sorbetto

No comments:

Post a Comment