Thursday, May 6, 2010

The kids are alright!



When I moved to this city, a lot of people warned me about the sense of style, the lack of food (I was vegan at the time.), and the cultural shift of moving from Chicago/ New York.

To be honest, I didn't know what to expect other than...cheese steaks and the particular pronunciation of "water".

And lo and behold, Philadelphia, to this day you never cease to amaze me:

Murals on the side of every building.
Delicious food.
Some of the best people I've met in the world call Philadelphia home.
One of my favorite painters was recently acquired by the PMA.
I've had food that's rival my time in New York and Europe.
And gelato, oh the gelato.
Most people don't know this... but I have always loved frozen desserts. I've had Australian ice cream as well as french French, sorbet and sherbet, ... you name it, if it's in the city limits, I'll try it.
I am still thrown for a loop by the innovation that the chefs at Capogiro use.
And I work here.

Rosemary Goat's Milk... a Capo classic
Avocado... it's not just for guacamole
Sea Salt... how did I ever hesitate?
Pummelo... have you ever tried one in real life?
Lemon Opal Basil... it's totally different from Lemon Basil


I love it.

As for my friends from home, one taste wows them.
They fall in love with you, Philadelphia.
Just like I did.

Thanks, Capogiro for indulging our palates with deliciousness and for bringing friends closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment