Thursday, December 19, 2013

Soup! Isn't it just THE BEST?!

(Don't believe him for a second, he only came around to soup ten minutes ago. Also he has a weird penchant for talking about himself in the third person when he's essentially in a room alone, which makes him a fairly unreliable narrator.)

So this is what my usual work dinner looks like when I'm actually committed to my desk for a while:



Granted if I had a cardiologist he'd maybe scold me a bit for a fairly high-sodium meal, but A>we're baristi and we tend to eat on the fly a lot, and this meal lends itself to that and B>I eat a lot more spinach than you might think and feel I deserve some commendation for that. And even though today in particular was palpably warmer than it's been for the last few weeks, I had a bunch of errands to run and we had a managers' meeting and I was on the bike enough to actually catch a chill (don't believe that either, I actually never admit to being cold).

And what's better for warming up than soup? Probably nothing. Alright well, whiskey and a bonfire, but I'm a professional and I also can't in good conscience light a bonfire in the Radian plaza. So, soup. That's our chicken and meatball, which is standing me in good stead. And we do always have a vegetarian soup option if you're into that sort of thing, though I don't really know why you would be (kidding, kidding, the vegetarian soups are legitimately great). So seriously, come have soup! You're going to be finishing up your shopping over the next few days and generally out and about and harried, so. I've mentioned before that we have beer, right? Pretty sure I have.

It is true though that, alas, we're going to be sorta semi-dormant at CapoPenn for the next few weeks. Not that we're shuttering altogether! We're just gonna be open a few less hours every day starting tomorrow is all (and closed altogether Christmas Day, of course). But we WILL be here! 9am-9pm weekdays and 9am-10pm Fridays and Saturdays. So seriously, come on in and keep us company. I'm surpassingly confident you'll find a seat.

Alrightalrightalright. ONE CHRISTMAS SONG. ONE ONLY.


Humbug anyway. (Have a good holiday, y'all. Really.)

No comments:

Post a Comment