Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pequea Valley Farms


There are two things in this world I will spend obscene amounts of money on for marketing alone: bottled water, and yogurt. I love the sleek lines, the super modern design and newfangled ways water and yogurt makers trick me into trying their product. And generally it's ok. Water's water, after all. Yogurt...can be really, really bad. But generally run of the mill. Pequea Yogurt, however, is far superior, and doesn't fall back on any crazy packaging to lure consumers.
Ok so first of all it's pronounced "Peck way", to circumvent the confusion that comes naturally with such a proliferation of vowels. Second of all, they make some super tasty yogurt. I'm not talkin' yogurt like your regular, off the shelf variety, I'm talking yogurt you need a chair for. I bring it up because not only do we sell it in cups to go, use it in our home made granola coppas, but also turn it into a gelato of its very own. It's been popping up in 20th Street's flavor list lately, shocking and awing all those who've tried it. Happy, grass fed cows, happy farmers...happy yogurt.

2 comments:

  1. Bought your yogurt in lancaster pa. It's the best ever I would like to order it on line but can find no way to do this-the markets are to far away from where I live

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can get ahold of the distributor and find out if they sell their delicious products somewhere a bit closer to you. Here's a link to their information. Good luck! :) http://www.localfoodphilly.org/wg_dairy_pequea_valley.php

    ReplyDelete