Thursday, May 12, 2011

Grown Up Gelato, How Risque!

ICE CREAM ISN'T JUST FOR THE KIDS IN 2011!!!

Having been in the food service industry for close to four years, I've seen at least a handful of the foodie trends and can admit to growing tired with quite a few of the "nouveau staple" ingredients that seem to pop up every 3-6 months. Like truffle oil. Remember truffle oil? God I never want to eat truffle oil on anything ever again, whether it be on french fries, burgers, aioli sauces, rib-eyes, whatever. Don't get me wrong, it is delicious when I forget it exists, it's just that I'm tired of it. This is probably mostly due to the fact that I've worked around it, and the fantasy is removed from just about anything when you consume it nearly everyday.

However, two and a half months strong at Capo-yunk and I can proudly say that I HIGHLY enjoy my daily ration of gelato, and you know what? I'm still intrigued and excited, every single day. Some of these flavors are obviously timeless; others are eclectic and unexpected, yet never gimmicky or trite. The possibilities for pairings are endless, and when I do the daily board suggestions, I still get psyched when I figure out that Thai Coconut Milk is absolutely BANGIN' with our Champagne Mango and just a hint of Sale (Sea Salt).

But what is this jaded ex-server MOST PSYCHED ABOUT?

THE BOOZIE FLAVORS!!!

This is no trend. These guys are here to stay, and for extremely good reason.

IRISH COFFEE GELATO: YOU'RE MOSHING

LIMONCELLO SORBETTI: ITALIAN GRANDPA, WHERE YOU AT?!

Call me a lush since I'm into the drunken flavors, but holy-moley. Something about the slight tinge of that whiskey-burn in a frozen concoction with just the right amount of sweetness and body makes me go cuh-razy. Granted, no one is getting loaded off this stuff. But yeah, wow. Cranky grown-ups everywhere, rejoice. There is the perfect dessert out there for the hard to please, and it is Mexican Coffee, Mojito, or Margarita gelato. Come out and do it up this summer with one of our boozies; they're in constant rotation, and are bound to caress even the most discerning of palates.

It's like an APERITIF AND DESSERT ALL IN ONE.

AHHHHHHH

-C.



No comments:

Post a Comment