Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Vive la Revolution des Demitasse!!!

Demitasse spoons have a Napolean complex. Recently they have been growing more and more irate at the sneers and snickers they endure from the larger spoons in Utensilville. Last week, they finally came together and made a pact; the demitasse nation has had enough. Never again will they be subjected to ridicule due to their small stature. Never again will they watch as they are passed over for spoons of a larget size! Don't even get them started on their vendetta against the wooden coffee stirrers. The demitasse spoons have had enough. They have decided to wage a coup..

I came in this morning and all of the other spoons had been murdered. Their sad shiny bodies were strewn all over the floor, under tables, down the drain. It was a massacre. Although I missed the battle, there is no doubt as to whom was responsible for the melee. For there, lined up like little soldiers, air-drying from the sweat of battle on a nice clean paper towel, was the Revolutionary Army of the Demitasse Resistance. As I am prone to allying myself with the victorious side, from here on out all coffee drinks at 20th Street will be accompanied by a demitasse spoon. Don't think that they are up to the task of stirring your coffee? You can challenge them if you want, but I'd advise against it. They're small, but mighty. They'll bite your ankles.

Demitasse nation, I salute you! I pledge my allegiance to your tiny, spoony splendor!

Although, between you and me, I'd watch out for the forks...

No comments:

Post a Comment