Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Canada Eh!?!




Today we pay our respects to another barista who is leaving Capogiro. I speak of the impeccable Vicki Zwicker. She will be heading across our northern most border to go to grad school. It seems that the only way to escape our capo swirl is to flee the country. Otherwise the gravitational pull of the Pau a Raisin circling a cappuccino will constantly disrupt your equilibrium. You will be awoken by night sweats craving coffee and Gram Parsons.

Vicki was the first face I would see every Monday morning. I'll miss her debating what she should eat for breakfast. I always liked it when she gave in to the call of a pastry. I'll miss her asking me to smell something. The way she really hated it when that one guy talked smack about Kentucky. The look on her face when I would ask her if she thought today was tamale day. Her woo-hoo when she dumped an unusually heavy tip jar. Most of all I'll miss the genuine caring sincerity that she extended to everyone she met.

So bon voyage Vicki! I hope you study hard, but not too hard. And don't forget about us all here in Philadelphia PA. I've never seen so many regulars come in to say goodbye to a co-worker. Even the people that couldn't make it called the store to say goodbye. We will all keep a special place for our super hero barista, The Impeccable Vicki Zwicker.

Come in and meet with our new morning folks who will be rotating until we find another perfect opener. Because it matters who pours your coffee in morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment