Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Looking Ahead - Summmmertime!

A few weeks ago I woke hell bent and determined to go to the beach for the afternoon. After gathering everything I would need and driving the two, two and a half hours to Rehoboth Beach in Delaware, I perched myself on the beach only to be pelted by handfuls of sand tossed about by the gale force winds that had descended upon my day of sun bathing. Shortly thereafter, the fog arrived. I stuck it out for as long as I could - 45 minutes, maybe? Before throwing in the towel and hauling myself back to Philly.
Guys, I think it's safe to say...we've weathered the storm(s). It's May, it's 80 degrees, and the berry bushes in my backyard are gathering steam. Word on the street has it strawberries made their debut at Headhouse Square's Farmers Market's first day since last season, via Buzby Farms in New Jersey.
What else is on the horizon? Morels!
Center City Sips!
Today is Cinco de Mayo, are you ready to brave the fray for a shot of tequila? (Go Mezcal or go home!)
Beer Week!
The PHILLIES!
Farmers Markets!!


Have fun, Philly. Check in with us wherever you are. But I'm telling you right now, if you swing by 20th Street with armfuls of strawberries, mezcal and morels you'd best be prepared to run...

No comments:

Post a Comment